Are you interested in learning more about what makes the concert-goers of Chicago tick? Do you have an insatiable desire to spread the word about each and every fun show that comes down the pike? Have you ever woken up in the middle of the night muttering copy for your next great Instagram post? We want you to work with us! We’re seeking a motivated, passionate individual to join our ranks and assist the marketing team in their day-to-day efforts. Everything from drafting social posts to organizing photo collages is on the table. Think you’ve got what it takes? Check out our short list of “nice to haves” below and shoot us your info if you think you’re up to snuff!
Marketing Intern Prerequisites
- Avid interest in event promotions with a strong desire to learn more
- Preferred music marketing experience
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Diverse musical palate and knowledge of genres spanning rock, indie, pop, metal, hip hop, LGBTQIA+ events, etc.
- Proficient understanding of major social media platforms, specifically Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Snapchat
- Strong writing skills with emphasis on creative social copy
- Have attended concerts and events in various Chicago venues and event spaces
- Proven track record of promoting and executing events preferred but not required
- Familiarity with Google Drive, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, etc.
- Photography experience a plus but not required
- Strong interpersonal skills are a must, we like to talk a lot
**This is a paid, entry-level seasonal internship, with a desired weekly commitment of 12+ hours/week**
Please email email@example.com with “Marketing Intern Application” in the subject line. Be sure to attach your resume, CV, and any other relevant experiences of your work. 1-2 relevant writing samples (of anything you’re proud of!) can also be attached.