Ever wanted to join the legendary Metro team? Well you’re in luck! The following positions are now accepting applications:
SECURITY TEAM MEMBER
About the role: Metro and smartbar are seeking a highly motivated Security Team Member to join our family of staffers who facilitate safe and comfortable environments for guests of our concerts and events. This part-time position provides support for both Metro and smartbar events throughout the calendar year. This role demands a detail-oriented communicator who feels comfortable operating within the confines of a live music venue setting.
- Maintain a safe, secure and friendly environment for all Metro patrons
- Search bags or other belongings brought into Metro for prohibited items
- Prevent the loss of or damage to any Metro assets
- Visually observe patrons and your immediate area, reporting all security and safety hazards
- Must display exceptional customer service and communication skills.
- Provide a deterrent to possible disruptive and/or unlawful behavior, responding to incidents as required
- Assist patrons in emergency situations, including patron accidents, house evacuations, or related incidents that may occur, including monitoring of assigned house exits and maintaining an awareness of crowd management issues
- Valid Illinois PERC (Permanent Employee Registration) a plus, but not mandatory
- At least 21 years of age
- Ability to work with a diverse audience of patrons
- Flexible schedule required—weekends are a must
- BASSETT certification required upon hiring
- As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation
- Occasionally lift or carry up to 20 pounds
- Must possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner; must be able to use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines
- Must be able to read and understand all operating procedures and instructions
- Must be able to handle pressure of working with high volume general public
Email email@example.com with the subject line SECURITY TEAM MEMBER APPLICATION. Thank you for your time!